Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Growing up

So starting solids is no big deal right? For some reason, With Miss Chloe it was a decision I agonized over for a very long time. Then, realizing that her 6 month mark was just a week away we dove right in and started with rice cereal the other night. Not a big deal right? It was for us. And while it didn't turn out as entertaining as Rene had hoped, Chloe thoroughly enjoyed herself. She wanted to hold the spoon herself which made things a little difficult at first, but once I figured out loading up one spoon and handing it to her she would feed herself when she stuck it in her mouth to chew on it. One of my favorite things that I did for Isabella was make her own baby food. We started on Gerber, but I felt like I was missing out. So I bought a big ol' butternut squash to make for Chloe this weekend after we've done our proverbial time with the rice cereal. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like she's loving her food! She's adorable, Jess! Love the pic of her in the sink too! =)